TWO men who took part in the firebomb attack on a Huddersfield house could be jailed.
Sentencing has been adjourned for two members of the gang involved in the petrol-bomb attack at Birkby which killed eight people.
But Mr Justice Andrew Smith, at Leeds Crown Court, who has asked for pre-sentence reports on Mohammed Arif Siddiq, 29, of Walkley Terrace, Heckmondwike, and Intizar Hussain, 25, of Clifton Road, Marsh, said both could face jail.
They will appear again on August 18.
Both men admitted conspiring to commit criminal damage to motor vehicles outside 40, Osborne Road, Birkby, on May 12 last year.
The plot to damage cars developed into a petrol bomb attack on the house, resulting in the deaths of eight members of the Chishti family.
Prosecuting, Paul Worsley QC, said Intizar and Siddiq were present when bombs were made at Sam's Autos on Viaduct Street in Huddersfield.
They also both acted as drivers, taking others involved in the attackto and from the scene.
Both men initially refused to help police but finally gave statements in October 2002 and became prosecution witnesses for the six week trial.
Intizar's barrister, Rodney Jameson QC, appealed to the judge to give his client a suspended sentence and asked for pre-sentence reports.
Siddiq's barrister, Henry Prosser, said without Siddiq's evidence the prosecution could have failed.
He said Siddiq put himself in danger of reprisals by giving evidence.
He said: "To give evidence for the prosecution in a case like this inevitable carries risks of what may happen to him in the future and he was prepared to take that risk.
"The credit that can be given to him for what he has done should be very great."
Siddiq will also be sentenced for conspiring to commit violent disorder at Newcastle in December 2001.
He admitted the offence when he travelled to Newcastle with Shaied Iqbal, his brother Zahid Iqbal, Shahid Mohammed and his brother Zahid Hasan to fetch Hasan's sister Shahida back to Huddersfield after she had eloped.