Examiner reporter Susie Beever bravely faced up to the worst Storm Jonas could throw at her on top of Huddersfield's iconic Castle Hill.
As you can see, Susie struggled to make herself heard in the high winds and was also fighting to keep her long hair under control on Tuesday afternoon.
Susie, who saw the funny side of her assignment, said: "The wind is so forceful. There's barely anybody here apart from us."
Huddersfield felt the full force of Storm Jonas which three days earlier had dumped record levels of snowfall on the east coast of America.
- Eorl Crabtree learns how to cheerlead at Dalton S0:38
- Sir Patrick Stewart hosts Logan premiere for Hudd0:39
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
- Gung-ho! inflatable fun0:56
- Health meeting in Slaithwaite0:50
- Burger with a pint of liquid cheese1:12
Bins were blown over, lorries overturned and people were struggling to stay upright as the winds strengthened from mid-morning to early evening.
The first wave of rain is expected to have passed through by late tonight but another band of rain is following behind meaning a wet wednesday for us all.