A man who left his jump leads connected between two car batteries saw both vehicles go up in flames this morning.
Fire crews from Skelmanthorpe, Holmfirth and Huddersfield were called out just after 7am to the incident in Norton Terrace, Stocks Moor Road, Stocksmoor.
Flames were shooting high into the sky as the inferno took hold.
See pictures of the fire below
Skelmanthorpe Watch Commander Richard Meakin said: “A householder has been using some jump leads between the two cars’ batteries. He has left the engines running and gone into his house and they have overheated.
“The blaze has engulfed in flames a Rover and a silver Peugeot Estate and unfortunately his next door neighbour’s caravan. Apparently he was due to go off on holiday in it next week.
“Both properties have suffered heat damage too.
“I would warn anyone thinking of using jump leads to stay in attendance as they do heat up very quickly.”