A WOMAN got a nasty shock after her mistimed microwave oven use nearly sparked a blaze.
The woman, believed to be in her 70s, had put a wheatbag in the oven at her home on Chiltern Avenue, Lindley.
But the wheatbag was mistakenly put in for 30 minutes and began to smoke.
Fire crews from Huddersfield arrived at about 11.54pm on Friday night.
Watch Manager Alan Woodcock said that by the time they arrived the contents of the bag were like treacle in the oven.
He added: "The lady had opened the windows and ventilated the property.
"We removed the microwave oven and the former wheatbag.
"We then used a room deodoriser to shift the smell."