Elvis Manu is in the frame for a Huddersfield Town debut at Preston North End on Saturday.
Head coach David Wagner has confirmed his deadline-day loan signing from Championship rivals Brighton and Hove Albion will be in the travelling party, and is fit enough to be plunged into action.
Watch David Wagner discuss Town's January transfer window
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
- Gung-ho! inflatable fun0:56
- Health meeting in Slaithwaite0:50
- Burger with a pint of liquid cheese1:12
- Mobile phones and driving: changes in the law0:41
- Appeal to trace two men after a distraction theft0:38
“Elvis has trained with us, he’s getting to know the names and our identity as a team,” explained the head coach.
“He has another advantage in that he saw our recent game at Brighton (Manu was an unused substitute for the Seagulls).
“He is as fit as it’s possible to be for a player who has played the games he has (eight as a substitute and one start since moving to Brighton from Feyenoord in August).
“Elvis has speed, he can break lines, and he can win one-to-one battles.
“He is a good option to have in the forwards.”