SO the Grand National is here!
And the beauty of the big race is that everyone wants to get involved by having a flutter and trying to back the winner.
We all have different ways of picking our horse for the Aintree spectacular.
It might be the colours, it might be the name – or it could be any other factor on the planet.
Doug Thomson previews the Hull City clash
- Location of sex attack, Heckmondwike0:23
- Scene after crash on Sheffield Road near Holmfirth0:34
- Eorl Crabtree learns how to cheerlead at Dalton S0:38
- Sir Patrick Stewart hosts Logan premiere for Hudd0:39
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
- Gung-ho! inflatable fun0:56
My wife chooses her horses through anything associated with the sky, the moon or the stars.
So Lin has managed to back the winner in two of the last three years at 66/1 and 33/1 (courtesy of Aurora’s Encore and Many Clouds).
My next door neighbour has a dog called Oscar, so he will be backing Gallant Oscar at 20/1 this year.
For Chelsea fans, following the announcement of their new manager, I’m sure plenty will be backing Silviniaco Conti at 11/1, or even Ucello Conti at 25s.
I will be at Aintree enjoying the greatest spectacle in the sport.
Personally, I do like Silviniaco Conti.
He’s been a regular Grade 1 winner and finally has his chance at the National, after Gold Cups and King George’s over the last several years.
At Ascot last time he was back to his best.