Thanks for following along today.
If you want a more traditional method of looking at the game, Doug Thomson’s on the whistle report is here.
Have a lovely week and we’ll see you in Nottingham next week for Forest away.
Onwards and upwards!
Understandably, a lot of disappointed Town fans today.
FT Preston 2-1 Town
Full time. That’s it. Hugely disappointing and another reminder of the fine margins in games like this as Town go down 2-1 to Preston with an agonising late winner.
Off the line
Argh! Cleared off the line by Preston!
Steer up for the corner
94. The goalkeeper is up. I repeat Steer is up for the corner.
91. Alan Browne puts the home side ahead with a header at the far post.
Five minutes added
90. FIVE minutes of stoppage time to be played. Can either side find a winner here?
Final Town change
89. William Boyle is the final throw of the dice here - Jamie Paterson is off.
Final Preston change
87. Adam Reach goes off to be replaced by Eoin Doyle for the final minutes.
86. Great work from Wells to turn away from his man and strike one from distance - only just wide.
Town fans still singing
84. Awkward moment as the home fans, who have been comprehensively outsung by the Town faithful, try to get a chorus of “You’re Not Singing Anymore” going.
Except the away end is still singing and the drum is still beating.
83. Gallagher’s shot deflects into the back of the net via Joel Lynch.
Preston 1-1 Huddersfield Town
82. This might get tense. Preston throw the kitchen sink at this free kick and Billing somehow gets in there to block Browne’s effort.
81. File that one under taking one for the team. Matmour takes down Reach to stop a Preston break.
Wells gives Town the lead
That seemed to take an age to go over the line! But Wells is gets there ahead of Lindegaard and it rolls over.
Preston 0-1 Huddersfield
80. Nahki Wells Slides it home for his 11th Championship goal of the season!
First yellow of the game goes to Hogg for a foul on Daniel Johnson.
Town sub - ELVIS!
78. Here he is! Elvis Manu on to save the day! Harry Bunn goes off for the Dutchman.
74. Gallagher whips in another set piece that is headed about the box by PNE and Town heads but eventually Town clear. Lynch’s head always seems to rise highest at these occasions.
71. Good Town attack orchestrated by Billing, who finds Wells and he curls the ball out to Paterson. Jamie cuts back inside and tries to feed Wells, but the striker slips over in the area.
Clarke and Wells do a squaring up manoeuvre but there is little in that and we move on.
70. Good period for Preston as Husband has to cut out a dangerous attack, but they come back and eventually Steer saves from Daniel Johnson’s effort from just outside the box.
Johnson has made a real impact for Simon Grayson’s men.
Lots of pessimism out there today
Quite a few of your feeling like that it must be said....
66. Karim Matmour is the first man off the bench - he replaces Joe Lolley.
This man has been everywhere today
Town close again!
63. Agonising for Town fans this! A quick break and the ball falls to Joe Lolley - his low effort is blocked and falls to Paterson who sees Lindegaard prevent him from scoring.
Got to make these count, lads...
Fantastic support from the Town fans - they make up 2,245 in a 12,653 crowd.
Chance for Preston!
60. The hosts’ turn to spurn a chance skywards - Joe Garner heads over the top with that double change nearly paying off immediately.
Double change for Preston
57. Double sub for the hosts as John Welsh and Daniel Johnson come on for Jordan Hugill and Callum Robinson.
54. Inches away from the opener! Excellent build-up by Town and Nahki Wells finds Tommy Smith on the right hand side of the area and his shot is so close to creeping in the right side of the post!
Still 0-0 - just.
51. Excellent challenge by Cranie in the area to end a Preston attack a minute after Jed Steer had confidently claimed a cross. Preston coming back into this now - going to be tight you feel.