IN-FORM Giants full-back Paul Reilly believes his date with the disciplinary panel has provided him with extra firepower ahead of tomorrow's McAlpine Super League showdown with Bradford Bulls (3.00).
At the start of the week the 27-year-old was facing the threat of a ban after being hauled before the panel to answer a charge of striking Doncaster's Jason Lee during the Challenge Cup win.
But now Reilly is ready to face the world club champions after being found not guilty and determined to put last week's events firmly behind him.
"I was totally shocked when I was called up, because I hadn't done anything wrong," he said.
"On Sunday I was on a real high after helping us get into the Challenge Cup quarter-final and thinking about facing the Bulls.
"But when I heard about the charge, I was gutted.
"Although I knew I was innocent you never know what the panel might throw at you, and it was an anxious time.
"So for the verdict to go my way was a great relief and has given me an extra spring in my step. I think it's fired me up even more for this weekend.
"A lot of people at this club put in a tremendous amount of effort to fight my corner, and that meant a lot to me.
"But the way everyone rallied round typifies the way this club is run right now, and I know it's up to me to restore that faith by doing everything I can to help us win tomorrow."
Giants officials are again urging fans to arrive early to avoid last-minute congestion outside the stadium.
Turnstiles will open at 1.45 to allow supporters extra time to get inside the McAlpine, with a 10,000-plus crowd expected.
"We're continuing to be highly encouraged by the amount of advanced ticket sales and so everything remains on course for a five-figure crowd," said general manager Richard Thewlis.