Bags of shopping everywhere, reams of wrapping paper, curling ribbon and battling sticky tape — admit it, presents are one of the best parts of Christmas.
Many of us will have them under the tree on Christmas Eve ready for the next day's festivities — but for others, giving loved ones the perfect gift involves a bit more planning.
If you're sending gifts abroad from Huddersfield, you'll need to pop them in the post a little earlier, depending on whether you're posting to an auntie in Australia or your grandma in Greece.
Make sure you don't miss this year's Christmas delivery deadlines — we've got the dates for your diary.
Royal Mail recommended posting dates:
International Standard postage (formerly Airmail) and all International Tracking and Signature services:
- Wednesday December 3: Asia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
- Thursday December 4: Australia
- Friday December 5: Africa, Caribbean, Central and South America, Middle East
- Monday December 8: Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece
- Tuesday December 9: Canada, Poland
- Friday December 12: USA
- Saturday December 13: Western Europe (excluding Greece, Poland)
International Standard HM Forces Mail - British Forces Post Office (BFPO):
- Friday November 28: Operational BFPOs
- Friday December 12: Static BFPOs
UK inland services:
- Thursday December 18: 2nd class and Royal Mail Signed For
- Saturday December 20: 1st class and Royal Mail Signed For
- Tuesday December 23: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
Want to know when to expect the postman? Here's the Christmas delivery dates:
- Monday December 22: Normal deliveries
- Tuesday December 23: Normal deliveries
- Christmas Eve: Normal deliveries
- Christmas Day: No deliveries
- Boxing Day: No deliveries
- Saturday December 27: Normal deliveries
- Sunday December 28: No deliveries
- Monday December 29: Normal deliveries
- Tuesday December 30: Normal deliveries
- New Year's Eve: Normal deliveries
- New Year's Day: No deliveries
- Friday January 2: Normal deliveries
- Saturday January 3: Normal deliveries
Having your Christmas shopping delivered but worried about missing the postman? Fear not — delivery offices begin later opening hours on Monday December 8 and will be detailed on your missed delivery card. Posties will also be out later in the day and in the evening to make deliveries.