It's Mother's Day on Sunday (March 6) — a whole day dedicated to showing your mum just how much she means to you.
And if you've got a Yorkshire Mum, you've got extra reason to celebrate, as we reckon Yorkshire mums are t'best in t'world.
From knowing how to make a proper cuppa to giving you money for spice and making sure you don't 'catch your death', here's why Yorkshire Mums deserve to be cheered this Sunday.
You know you've got a Yorkshire Mum when...
- She makes the best Yorkshire puddings EVER. And you've tried to replicate them, but they collapsed and were a bit too chewy and you've decided it's just Mum-Magic that makes them so amazing.
- You're not allowed to leave the house without a coat anytime between September and April. Because you'll catch your death. And you best take it off as soon as you come inside, or you won't feel the benefit.
- She packs Yorkshire Tea in her holiday suitcase. Two weeks without a proper brew, are you mad? You think she's dotty at the time but when you get to enjoy a cup of Yorkshire Tea on the balcony of your hotel room you can't thank her enough.
- She took you to Eureka as a kid to wear you out. And left you, happy as Larry, running around the kids-size Marks & Spencers.
- She sneaked sweets into the cinema for you. Because she's not paying cinema prices, what a rip off! So you'd watch in anticipation as she opened her over-sized handbag to pass you a carton of juice and some corner shop sweets to enjoy with the film.
- She introduced you to caravan holidays — and made it fun! Even if it was throwing it down and gale-force winds were shaking the caravan, she'd whip out a board game or a deck of cards to keep you entertained.
She took you to the seaside in the summer holidays — Whitby, Scarborough, Bridlington, Filey — she'd smother you in sun tan lotion then buy you fish and chips to eat on the beach after you've had a paddle in the sea.
She's tougher than your dad. Come on now folks, who's really head of the clan? Your dad may like to think he's in charge, but you can't mess with Yorkshire women.
Have we missed something off our list? Email your suggestions to Samantha.Gildea@trinitymirror.com
Yorkshire mums are special — so don't forget to spoil yours this Sunday!