FOOD and drink festival-goers can expect a decent weekend of warm weather and sunshine, so take a sunhat and suncream if you plan on staying a few hours.
That’s the verdict of Huddersfield weatherman Paul Stevens who is predicting temperatures of around 18 or 19C (66 fahrenheit) during Friday, although it might drop to around 15C during Friday evening, so a cardigan or jacket might come in handy.
There will be plenty of sunshine on Saturday and it could be as warm as 23C, about 73 fahrenheit. It will be warm and humid and should stay dry. Saturday evening is also expected to be warm and dry.
- Royal & Ancient, Colnebridge
- Henry's revamp1:07
- FRANKIE LIEBMANN - PUKKA PIES IDEA OF THE YEAR1:00
- Saturday at Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival 1:07
- WATCH: A phenomenal show of support from Huddersf1:52
- Scouts' St George's Day parade in Beaumont Park0:30
- Marsden Cuckoo Festival 20170:40
- Air Ambulance rescues sports car driver who crash0:26
- Cycling campaigners hold 'slow ride' around Hudde0:46
- David Wagner praises Town forward Collin Quaner1:39
Sunday may see some drizzle in the morning and it will be less humid, with daytime temperatures of around 20C. There may be gusty winds reaching 25mph, so stall holders might want to check everything is secured.
Next week is expected to be a bit cooler and there may be a few heavy showers.
And there’s good news for those who like it hot.
“By the end of next week we could start to see a decent spell of summery weather,” said Mr Stevens.
See pictures from day one of the festival below!