FOOD and drink festival-goers can expect a decent weekend of warm weather and sunshine, so take a sunhat and suncream if you plan on staying a few hours.
That’s the verdict of Huddersfield weatherman Paul Stevens who is predicting temperatures of around 18 or 19C (66 fahrenheit) during Friday, although it might drop to around 15C during Friday evening, so a cardigan or jacket might come in handy.
There will be plenty of sunshine on Saturday and it could be as warm as 23C, about 73 fahrenheit. It will be warm and humid and should stay dry. Saturday evening is also expected to be warm and dry.
- Henry's revamp1:07
- FRANKIE LIEBMANN - PUKKA PIES IDEA OF THE YEAR1:00
- Saturday at Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival 1:07
- Sir Patrick Stewart hosts Logan premiere for Hudd0:39
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Westminster attacks: Footage shows victims being 1:08
- Toni Tetley's Five Pound Challenge0:29
- Bread of Life Soup Kitchen in Birkby1:13
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
Sunday may see some drizzle in the morning and it will be less humid, with daytime temperatures of around 20C. There may be gusty winds reaching 25mph, so stall holders might want to check everything is secured.
Next week is expected to be a bit cooler and there may be a few heavy showers.
And there’s good news for those who like it hot.
“By the end of next week we could start to see a decent spell of summery weather,” said Mr Stevens.
See pictures from day one of the festival below!