More likely than not some of the gifts you got for Christmas might not be for you - but instead of leaving them lying around to collect dust you can return them.
If you've been given a present from Amazon and are unsure how to return it then we're here to help.
You will need an Amazon account to make the return so if you don't have one it's worth setting one up
Follow this step by step guide to ensure your return is successful.
How to return your Christmas gift to Amazon:
- Go to the Amazon Online Returns Center .
- Select the 'Return a gift' option and sign in with your Amazon account. If you don't have an account you will need to set one up to continue.
- Enter the gift's order number and select the search button. The order number is 17 digits long and can be found on the left side of your packing slip. (If you don't have the packing slip you can contact Amazon . They will ask for information to help locate the order - such as the sender's name, their e-mail address, their phone number, and information about the product you're returning.)
- Select the items you want to return.
- Enter the quantity of items you want to return (if applicable), and a reason from the drop-down menu. For items sold by a third-party seller, you'll see "Submit return request." Some Amazon sellers review return requests before authorizing them.
- Select how you want to send your item back - the most popular choice is by post.
- Once you've selected your return shipping options you'll need to get your return label- most people just print it out from Amazon.
- Put the return authorization inside your package and attach the label to the outside of it.
- If your gift return is authorized, Amazon or the Seller will process your refund as an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card after your return is received.
- The Gift Card will be added to the account you used to log in and process the return.
Once the refund is processed, Amazon will send you a confirmation e-mail.
If you're the gift giver, your refund will be processed to the original payment method.
All refunds are subject to Amazon's refund policies outlined in About Refunds .
For more information visit Amazon's help center here.