A DOG was rescued from a burning kitchen in Huddersfield.
Fire crews were called to a family home in Birkby after a chip pan had set alight.
On arrival they discovered the kitchen had been engulfed by flames and a dog was stuck in the centre of the drama.
The man in the house, on Wheathouse Road, was dragging the dog out as the firemen arrived.
Concerned about the levels of smoke the dog had inhaled, crews gave the pooch oxygen therapy for around 15 minutes before he was taken immediately to a vet.
Watch Commander Grahame Calcraft said: “We were concerned for the dog and thought he may have died as he was overcome by smoke.”
The kitchen was completely gutted and there was extensive smoke damage to the rest of the house.