THE tragic death of Hazel Woodhams is a warning to us all about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sad to say it is the latest in a long line of similar tragedies, most notably the loss of 10-year-old Dominic Rodgers which led to a charity being set up in his name to highlight the dangers of this deadly gas.

His mum, Stacey, has worked tirelessly to raise the issue among the general public and the message about appliances which emit carbon monoxide in the home seems to be getting through to many people.

But still the danger is there even in the outdoors. People relax when they go on holiday and may let their guard down to danger as we have seen before with the deaths of David Swallow and Andrew Price.

Let’s hope this message now gets across and we never have to report on another tragedy involving people from our area.