HUDDERSFIELD'S MP has stepped up calls for action to protect people from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Barry Sheerman's plea comes after the first anniversary of the death of 10-year-old Dominic Rodgers.
Carbon monoxide spread through his bedroom as he slept at the family's former home on Spaines Road, Fartown.
It was thought the killer gas came from a boiler flue in a covered passageway between Dominic's home and the house next door.
Since Dominic's death gas pipeline company Transco, Kirklees Council and the Health and Safety Executive have launched an inspection of 17,000 terraced homes with passageways similar to those on Spaines Road.
And Dominic's mother, Stacey, has campaigned nationally for more awareness of carbon monoxide.
Mr Sheerman said: "I share Stacey's concern that Transco or the Council of Registered Gas Installers should have noticed this sooner.
"With 17,000 back-to-back houses likely to have flues in similar locations something must be done immediately to ensure they are safe.
"I have written to the minister and the HSE to urge them to take urgent action to prevent further tragedies."