A HUDDERSFIELD man who drank more than a bottle of vodka a day died from alcohol poisoning, an inquest heard.
Michael Kuehn, 49, was found dead by his wife in their home in Forest Road, Dalton, on September 4, the morning after a night drinking with a friend.
The Huddersfield inquest heard that Mr Kuehn had fallen asleep and his wife called an ambulance when she could not wake him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Coroner Roger Whittaker said toxicology tests showed Mr Kuehn had 590 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. Mr Whittaker said that based on such a high level Mr Kuehn died from alcohol poisoning.
The inquest heard that Mr Kuehn was born in Hamburg, Germany, and moved to England in 1991 after the failure of his first marriage.
He smoked up to 40 cigarettes a day and drank one-and-a-half bottles of vodka. In the past he had collapsed from a fit after binge drinking.
Mr Whittaker recorded a verdict of accidental death.