A MAN who worked with asbestos died from an industrial disease, an inquest heard.
Maynard Ineson, 81, died on February 25 at Kirkwood Hospice in Dalton.
The former plumber and heating engineer, from Liversedge, was exposed to asbestos during his career.
The Huddersfield inquest heard that Mr Ineson had left school to work as a plumber in his family’s business.
He held this role until he was in his 50s, when he became a civil servant.
During his earlier career his work involved removing and replacing boilers and pipes with asbestos linings.
This caused him to breathe in the lethal fibres.
Mr Ineson had good health until 18 months before his death, when he got a persistent cough.
A biopsy showed he was suffering from mesothelioma, a form of cancer caused by asbestos.
Coroner Roger Whittaker recorded a verdict of death by industrial disease.