A BATLEY museum is open again after a refurbishment partly funded by the national lottery.
The Bagshaw Museum received a £419,500 cash boost from the Heritage Lottery Fund and a Kirklees Council grant of £300,000.
More than 400 visitors were treated to a fun-filled day to mark the unveiling of the new-look attraction.
Costumed characters welcomed the crowds as people flocked to see the changes, including two new permanent exhibitions.
A brand new Batley local history gallery, spread over two rooms, has been developed featuring memories of the world famous Batley Variety Club, outside lavatories, and the ball used in the very first Rugby League championship, won by Batley in 1897.
A new Spirit of South Asia gallery depicting life in a traditional village home has also been created.
The museum’s former billiard room has been turned into a gallery of Victorian paintings to help reflect the period of the house and its interior.
A new temporary exhibition of the work of the Bamforths of Holmfirth – called Secrets of the Saucy Seaside Postcard – is also being shown as part of a national tour.
A lift will allow wheelchair users to access upstairs galleries for the first time to ensure the museum meets the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.