A fire has caused extensive damage to the site of a former restaurant in Huddersfield.
The blaze broke out at the derelict property in Folly Hall, Chapel Hill, just after midnight on Friday. A rough sleeper who was in the property at the time was led out unharmed.
Two fire engines from Huddersfield and one from Rastrick tackled the blaze, which broke out on the ground floor of the two storey building which used to be the Chutney Mahal restaurant.
It closed after being badly damaged in a fire in July 2013.
Then a suspicious fire started at the Mystique Gentleman’s Club, Folly Hall, above the restaurant.
Although it did not spread to the Chutney Mahal Restaurant beneath, gallons of water came gushing through the ceiling as crews fought the blaze.
Restaurant owner Mr Nangla told the Examiner at the time: “All the water poured on the fire upstairs has come through and has destroyed part of the ceiling in the dining area. It’s awful.
Firefighters managed to stop last night’s fire from spreading and the building has now been boarded up.
The cause is being treated as suspicious.