A BLAZE has wrecked a cashmere factory shop in Mirfield.
Fire broke out in the storerooms at Connoisseur Cashmere on Huddersfield Road at 10.45pm last night.
Two fire crews from Dewsbury and one from Mirfield went to at the scene.
It took them several hours to put out the fire, using two hoses.
There was extensive damage to the storerooms and much of the stock has been destroyed.
But the front showroom escaped major damage.
Police are investigating the cause of the fire.
* A faulty electric meter sparked a fire alert in Springwood.
People living in a house at Springwood Hall Gardens called 999 after smelling smoke inside their home at 9.20pm last night.
Two fire crews from Huddersfield went to the scene and discovered that the faulty meter was slowly burning the board it was mounted on.
It had been smouldering and producing smoke for some time before the smell became noticeable.
Yorkshire Electricity engineers disconnected the meter while firefighters checked to make sure the fire had not spread.