A FIERCE blaze badly damaged a large building in Liversedge.
An electrical fault is thought to have sparked the fire in the breeze-block stable and garage building on a track off Halifax Road, Hightown, at 5.30pm yesterday.
The garage is used to store a Mercedes Coupé, but the owner spotted the blaze and managed to move the car which had been slightly damaged by the searing heat.
The fire quickly took a firm hold. It was tackled by firefighters from Batley and Cleckheaton. They were relieved by a Brighouse crew who were damping down until well after 9pm.