ALL four would-be July 21 suicide bomb suspects are in custody.
Police have also detained a man suspected of being the so-called fifth bomber.
Alleged failed bus bomber Muktar Said-Ibrahim, 27, and a man calling himself Ramzi Mohammed - suspected of trying the Oval Tube bombing - were captured in dramatic raids in west London yesterday afternoon.
The pair were caught on amateur video, surrendering to armed police on the balcony of a third-floor flat in North Kensington.
And In Rome, the Italian authorities detained a man named as Osman Hussain, alleged to be the would-be bomber of a train at Shepherd's Bush, west London.
They also arrested his brother-in-law.
THE alleged July 21 suicide bombers were facing intense questioning today after their capture in a dramatic coup by anti-terrorist police.
The gang was rounded up in a series of raids yesterday after eight days on the run.
Two of them refused to come out of a flat in west London when police swooped and, following a siege, CS gas was fired into the building.
The two were Muktar Said-Ibrahim, 27, a naturalised Briton from Eritrea who is the alleged Hackney bus bomber, and a man who gave his name as Ramzi Mohammed. He is accused of trying to blow up a train near the Oval Tube station.
A third suspect, Hussain Osman, 27, a naturalised British Somali, was held in Rome.
Police believe he may be the man who tried to detonate his device on a train near Shepherd's Bush.
He has been held under a European arrest warrant and Britain will seek to extradite him.
The fourth suicide bomb suspect Yasin Hassan Omar, 24, a Somali, was arrested on Wednesday in Birmingham and is alleged to have made his attempt on a train near Warren Street.
Police also arrested a man in a second raid yesterday, less than a mile away at Tavistock Crescent in Notting Hill.
He is Wahbi Mohammed, 23, brother of Ramzi Mohammed.
He is suspected of being a possible fifth suicide bomber.
A fifth device in a rucksack had already been found dumped on open ground at nearby Little Wormwood Scrubs.
Osman is believed to have been tracked to Italy through a trace on his mobile telephone after fleeing there in recent days via Paris and Milan. He was staying with a brother in Rome who was also arrested.
Although the suspects were now in custody the head of Scotland Yard's anti- terrorist branch Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke remained cautious.
"We must not be complacent," he said.
The threat remains and is very real."
Said-Ibrahim and Mohammed were captured during a raid at a block called the Peabody Buildings at Dalgarno Gardens near Wormwood Scrubs prison.
After they refused to come out police fired volleys of CS gas and dramatic footage filmed by a neighbour showed the two shirtless men emerging from a flat on to a walkway as armed officers shouted orders at them.
The film showed both men with their hands above their heads and spitting and clearing their noses.
Armed police also arrested two women in Muslim dress yesterday at Liverpool Street station.