A 10-YEAR-OLD boy suffered a burn to his leg after a lava lamp toppled over and set fire to his duvet.
The boy woke up at 12.30am yesterday to find his bed in an attic room smouldering.
He raised the alarm and he and his mum doused the duvet in water.
By the time firefighters arrived at the house in Clover Hill Terrace, Savile Park, Halifax, the blaze was out.
The boy, his twin sister and mum were taken to Calderdale Royal Hospital for a precautionary check.
The boy had suffered a small burn on his calf.
Halifax Fire Station crew commander Paul Gyde said a lava lamp had fallen over and set fire to bedding.
Firefighters fitted new smoke detectors in the house.