THE tragedy of Huddersfield boy Dominic Rodgers - killed by carbon monoxide poisoning - is to feature in a new safety film.
His mum, Stacey, 27, will appear in a bid to stop the silent killer striking again.
She features in one of five hard-hitting films in a TV campaign by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (Rospa) and the Council for Registered Gas Installers (Corgi).
Twenty people die every year in incidents caused by faulty or badly-serviced gas appliances and systems.
Stacey will appear with other people who have lost loved ones to carbon monoxide.
Sarah Colles, Rospa home safety adviser, said: "These people have bravely agreed to take part in these films because they do not want to see others suffer a similar fate.
"As well as 20 deaths, there are around 200 other serious incidents each year."
Dominic, 10, died in his sleep last year, when deadly fumes seeped into his bedroom at home in Spaines Road, Fartown.
His death sparked an Examiner campaign.
An inquest this month made recommendations for greater gas safety.
The TV films will be used in a four-week campaign in January and February to remind people of the need to have their gas appliances serviced annually by a Corgi-registered installer.
Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer because you can't see it, hear it, smell it or taste it.
With an extremely cold winter forecast, there are fears of more deaths resulting from poorly maintained heating systems.
Mike Thompson, Corgi chief executive, said: "Jobs carried out by illegal gas workers - that is those who are not registered with Corgi - have significant chances of having safety defects.
"To protect their families from carbon monoxide poisoning people should have their gas appliances checked every year by a Corgi-registered installer."