A 69-YEAR-OLD man had a lucky escape after fire completely destroyed a bedroom at his Brighouse home.
Firefighters raced to Bracken Road, Brighouse at around 10.30pm and found the blaze was 100 per cent alight in the front first-floor bedroom.
The owner was treated by firefighters at the scene with oxygen until paramedics arrived. He was then taken to hospital.
It is believed the owner and his son-in-law had been sitting down stairs at the time the fire broke out and were alerted by smoke alarms.
Fire crews used two breathing apparatus and hose reels to tackle the blaze which was contained to the one room.
The blaze is not being treated as suspicious.