ARTS groups in Huddersfield have received a slice of a £500,000 national arts grant.
Some 38 projects in Yorkshire and Humberside were given a total of £510,494.
The cash help was made available through the National Lottery as part of a national scheme to help promote local economies
Arts Council England's executive director, Andy Carver, said: "We are pleased to invest in a wide range of artists and arts organisations across the region."
Among the groups which were awarded grants in this district were:
* Simba Arts, who picked up £5,000
* Dewsbury's Y3 Artists were awarded £3,975
* Kala Ujamma Visual Arts and Design, who received £1,000
* Research group Comedia receive £8,200
* Visual artist Tony Chrisholm was granted £1,310
* Huddersfield musician and composer Paul Ross received £4,995.