FIREFIGHTERS spent an hour tackling a chimney fire at a moorland house.
Smoke began to come back down the chimney at the detached home on Moorside Lane, Wilberlee, near Pole Moor, at about 10pm last night.
When Slaithwaite firefighters arrived thick smoke and embers were pouring from the chimney.
Crew Manager Andy Wood said: "We put ladders up to the roof and then sprayed water down.
"A blockage partway down the chimney came away and we used mirrors and torches to make sure the fire was fully out."
The crew put protective sheets inside the house to prevent any damage.