AN WOMAN died from an industrial disease though she failed to win a claim against a Liversedge company, an inquest heard.
Margaret Spencer, 68, of Liversedge, died on December 10 at Dewsbury and District Hospital shortly after she was admitted suffering shortness of breath.
A Huddersfield inquest heard that Mrs Spencer had a history of asthma and was a heavy smoker.
A post-mortem found that she had suffered from severe heart disease and that her lungs were congested by a
disease called mesothelioma, related to exposure to asbestos.
Coroner Paul Marks recorded a verdict of death caused by an industrial disease.