A FAMILY claim Golcar tearaways as young as 10 have forced them into homelessness.
Peter Harrison, wife Elizabeth and their six children fear they could be on the streets at Christmas.
They claim they were driven out of their council house at Cedar Close on Golcar's Sycamore estate because of vandalism and abuse from youngsters - some aged under 10.
And now they face having to leave their temporary home.
Mr Harrison said: "We had all our windows put through. My wife was beaten up and the kids got bullied. I had to go with them to the shop or bus stop. Some of them we knew, some we didn't.
"It started as soon as we moved in. My wife was very depressed and took two overdoses."
They reported the problems to Kirklees Council, who investigated.
But after seven months the situation was no better so the family decided they had to leave.
The council said the family could stay in temporary housing at Marsh from August 14.
But now, their time is up - and the council say they will not rehouse them because they made themselves 'intentionally homeless' by quitting Cedar Close.
Mr and Mrs Harrison now have four weeks to leave the property with their children - Andrew, 17, Joseph, 14, Gemma, 12, Damien, 12, Peter, 11, and nine-year-old Leanne.
Mr Harrison said: "We don't have any family here except my wife's mum and she doesn't have room for us. Before going to Golcar we had been in the homeless unit at Cowlersley for 12 months.
"We have tried to find a private rental but we can't afford it. The council won't rehouse us. We've got four weeks' notice to find somewhere else - or we will be out on the street at Christmas with six kids."
The family are currently seeking help from Huddersfield charity Chas Housing Aid.
Kirklees Council has offered to pay a bond for a private house and some of the rent - but the family are waiting to see if it will be enough.
A council spokesperson said the incidents at Cedar Close were investigated but no police action was taken because those involved were under 10 years old.
She said: "The families of all involved have been visited by estate management officers to try and defuse the situation and we are working with the police on the estate to address what are considered to be low level problems.
"The family were advised from the outset against making themselves intentionally homeless. We have a lot of sympathy with them but there is a limit to the help we can provide."
She said no legal action was taken because statements from witnesses and an incident log from the Harrisons were not provided.
A spokesman for Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing said the family's previous home in Cedar Close had been let to another family.
The Harrisons will have to rejoin the housing register if they want to return to council accommodation.