A 24-year-old mother of two had a lucky escape last night after a chip pan caught fire.
Fire crews from Huddersfield and Brighouse raced to the terraced home in Woodhouse Hill, Holmfirth, at 10pm.
Huddersfield watch commander Andy Blackburn said the incident occurred after the mum mistakenly thought she had turned the electric hob off.
As flames filled the kitchen the family was saved thanks to smoke alarms being triggered.
The mum ran upstairs, grabbed her two-year-old and one-year-old children, a boy and a girl, and fled outside.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire which severely damaged the cooker and an extractor hob.
The family were taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary for check ups.