Fresh fears have been raised after more potentially poisonous dog food was found in Huddersfield.

Dog owner Jonny Hughes made the suspicious discovery on Marsden Moor while walking his Manchester Terrier Eric.

His dog bolted over to what Longwood man Jonny realised was two pieces of raw chicken breast with a crumbly white textured substance on top.

It is the latest in a string of suspect finds in the Colne Valley. At least three dogs have died in recent months.

The potentially poisonous pair of chicken breasts covered in a white crumbly substance that Jonny Hughes found on Marsden Moor

Jonny, 44, posted the disturbing photo to Facebook, in a bid to warn others.

“I can’t think of many other reasons as to why the meat may have been there.

“I was walking Eric on Old Clough, which is between Marsden and Cupwith Reservoir.

“Suddenly, he shot off to the right about 20ft from the path.

“I ran over to inspect thinking that it would be a dead rabbit or something and saw the raw chicken breasts with stuff over the top of them.

“It just seemed extremely suspicious that raw chicken would have been put there.

READ MORE: Stephen Parr believes pet dog had been victim of deliberate poisoning at Blackmoorfoot Reservoir

READ MORE: Is someone deliberately poisoning pets in Huddersfield?

“The only other option that I can think of is that someone put it there to try lure foxes.”

He kept a close eye on his dog.

“I don’t think he ate any of it but I rang the vets and they told me to keep a close eye on him.

“I just want to warn other people to take care when out walking their dogs.

“It’s better to be safe than sorry.”

In the previous cases late last year, Lily, an eight-month-old Patterdale-Lakeland terrier puppy, had to be put to sleep by a vet after collapsing while out with her owner, Tim Dawson.

Patterdale Lakeland puppy Lily who died after swallowing poison
Patterdale Lakeland puppy Lily who died after swallowing poison

Her death comes just weeks after a pet dog called Spud owned by Linthwaite man Stephen Parr died after eating food dumped at Blackmoorfoot reservoir.

The RSPCA has issued guidelines on what to do if you believe your dog has been poisoned.

Stay calm. Remove dogs from the source of poison.

Spud the terrier, thought to have been poisoned

Contact your vet immediately; inform them when, where and how poisoning occurred. If appropriate, take the packaging, plant or substance to the vet. Don’t expose yourself to any harm.

Follow your vet’s advice.

Never attempt to treat/medicate dogs yourself. Some medicines for humans and other animals may be poisonous to dogs.

Never attempt to make dogs vomit. Do not use salt water as it’s extremely dangerous.

If skin/fur is contaminated, wash with mild shampoo and water, rinse well and dry.

Keep dogs away from other animals to avoid cross-contamination.