A HUGE fire threatened to engulf a farm in Hade Edge.
The buildings off Dunford Road had to be evacuated after oxygen and acetylene cylinders were discovered sparking fears of an explosion.
The drama unfolded on Monday shortly before 11pm when firefighters were called to the scene.
The fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in a flat-back truck, and flames spread to a caravan parked nearby and to a large outbuilding, used for storage, which was next door to the farm.
Around 30 firefighters were at the scene at the height of the blaze with crews called from Huddersfield, Holmfirth, Meltham, Skelmanthorpe and Marsden fire stations.
The area had to be evacuated when the cylinders were discovered and ground monitors were used to cool the cylinders down.
Water was pumped from the pond at neighbouring yoghurt and cottage cheese manufacturers Longley Farm to fight the blaze and keep the cylinders cool.
Crews were called shortly before 11pm and remained at the scene for 24 hours.