DRINKERS were forced to evacuate a pub after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.
The fire started in an upstairs kitchen at the Vulcan on St Peter’s Street in Huddersfield town centre at about 2.45pm yesterday.
Two fire engines from Huddersfield fire station were called to the scene and firefighters closed off the street.
The handful of punters who had been inside at the time managed to escape before the firefighters arrived.
Staff had attempted to tackle the fire with an extinguisher but were unable to put it out.
The crews used two hose reels and breathing apparatus to get the blaze under control.
The kitchen was gutted and two bedrooms were severely smoke damaged. No-one was hurt.
It was believed that the cause may have been an electrical fault.