Firefighters tackled a blaze at the headquarters of a sea cadets group.
The fire started in the basement at the Dewsbury and District Sea Cadets base.
Around 15 young cadets were training at the time and had to be evacuated.
Fire crews from Dewsbury and Ossett were called to the building in New Street, Earlsheaton, at 8pm on Friday. The alarm was raised by the group after a dehumidifier overheated and caused the blaze.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus to enter the building and tackle the fire. Crews spent an hour-and-a-half dealing with the incident, confining the blaze to the basement which was left with fire and smoke damage.
Firefighters evacuated the building and it remained cleared at the weekend while the damage was assessed.
The sea cadets are part of the UK’s oldest nautical youth charity. Members get to go to sea, learn to sail and do adventure training.