SMOKE detectors saved a family of five from a house blaze last night. Two fire crews from Dewsbury were called out to a report of a kitchen fire at Cedar Road, Chickenley, at midnight. The family, who had all been asleep, were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors. They got out of the house and called the fire brigade. Dewsbury fire station's watch manager Mick Holbrook said: "The fire had started in the kitchen and there was lots of smoke downstairs. The occupants did exactly the right thing. The smoke detectors could have saved their lives."
Five flee from house blaze
SMOKE detectors saved a family of five from a house blaze last night.