A GARAGE was ripped apart by a powerful gas explosion.
The blast blew the door 30 yards to the bottom of the drive at Church Lane in Southowram at 5.30pm on Tuesday. A portable gas heater is thought to have been leaking and the gas suddenly ignited.
No-one was in the garage at the time.
Crew Manager Richard Addinall, of Brighouse fire station, said: "It was a powerful explosion. Everything stored inside the garage was wrecked, the slates were loosened and the stone walls are now unstable.
"The garage will have to be knocked down."