MAKE sure burglars have a miserable Christmas, says the Kirklees Safer Communities Partnership.
Chairwoman Clr Ann Raistrick has issued a festive message with advice on how to stop people becoming victims into the new year.
She said: "We would say have a good Christmas. It is the season of goodwill but not for thieves and burglars."
Clr Raistrick urged people to take heed of the advice which is given out to people annually to make sure they give burglars the boot.
* Park in well-lit areas when you are out Christmas shopping. Also, don't leave bags and parcels on view if returning to unload shopping. Always lock them in the boot.
* Don't leave Christmas presents and parcels piled up under your Christmas tree, putting temptation in people's way.
* Keep doors and windows securely locked at all times of the year.
* Don't drink too much during the festivities. People are at greater risk of getting involved in violence when they have drunk a lot of alcohol.
Binge drinking also has serious health consequences.
* Don't spoil Christmas by drinking too much.
* Finally, enjoy Christmas!