A FORMER pub landlord died of an asbestos-related cancer, an inquest heard.
John Colin Brogden, 75, known as Colin, ended his working life as licensee at the Rising Sun in Golcar.
But before that he had worked with boilers for many years and was exposed to asbestos at two firms where he worked, the Huddersfield hearing was told.
Mr Brogden, of Share Hill, Golcar, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in July last year.
His condition deteriorated and he died at home on January 10 this year.
Mr Brogden made a statement about his work history and recalled being exposed to asbestos at Globe Worsted.
His widow Marlene said he had been potentially exposed at Shaw Son and Greenhalgh in Huddersfield.
Assistant deputy coroner Dr Dominic Bell recorded an industrial disease verdict.