THE mother of the two British children killed by carbon monoxide in Corfu was flying home today with her children's bodies.
The bodies of Christianne, seven, and her six-year-old brother, Robert, are being returned to Horbury, near Wakefield.
Sharon Wood, 35, was grief-stricken yesterday as she paid a second visit, with her husband Paul, to the mortuary where the bodies were.
Earlier she visited the hotel bungalow where the children succumbed to the carbon monoxide poisoning and the hospital where their father, Neil Shepherd, and partner Ruth Beatson are being treated.
Mr Shepherd and Ms Beatson were found unconscious alongside the youngsters on Thursday morning in their room at the Louis Corcyra Hotel in Gouvia.
Mr Shepherd, 38, regained consciousness yesterday while Ms Beatson, 27, was given the news that Christianne and Robert had died.
Mr Shepherd is still critically ill and in shock, and has not been told of his children's death.
The gas which killed the children has been traced to a faulty boiler in a room next to their bungalow, from where an engineer had drilled a hole that allowed the gas to enter.
But last night manager George Chrysikopoulos said the hotel had no prior knowledge that anything was wrong in the bungalow. He said the whole complex had been inspected for safety in April, before the tourist season began.
He also said that a British couple who complained of illness after staying in the same bungalow a week before the tragedy had been diagnosed with gastroenteritis by two doctors.
But he made no comment about the charges of negligent manslaughter he and others may face.
Meanwhile, Huddersfield mother Stacey Rodgers has spoken of her sorrow at the tragedy.
Ms Rodgers, of Deighton, whose son, Dominic, 10, died in 2004 after being poisoned by the gas, said every home should have a detector.
She said: "Carbon monoxide is the silent killer. You don't know it is there. That is why people should fit a carbon monoxide detector in every house."