A LANDLORD has been heavily fined for taking risks with gas safety at his Huddersfield property.
Anthony Brownson ignored repeated warnings from Kirklees Council and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to have the gas appliances at his Linthwaite property safety-checked.
The tenants at his Lane Top house were left with a faulty boiler system and without a safely working gas fire during one of the coldest winters in recent times.
Mr Brownson, who now lives in Cheshire, was contacted multiple times between May 2010 and March 2011 and persistently ignored requests to produce a landlord’s Gas Safety Record.
He also failed to respond when HSE served him with an Improvement Notice and did not attend a scheduled interview with an inspector.
Appearing at Leeds Magistrates Court, Mr Brownson, of Boyds Walk, Dukinfield, Cheshire, pleaded guilty to a breach of gas safety regulations by failing to carry out an annual safety check on gas appliances between April 2007 and March 2011 and was fined £3,000 and ordered to pay £2,089.25 costs.