A HUDDERSFIELD woman has died in a tragedy at a Norfolk campsite.

The body of Hazel Woodhams, 30, was found in a tent at Clippesby Holiday Park near Great Yarmouth on Tuesday morning.

Police initially arrested a man, believed to be her partner, on suspicion of murder but he was later released without charge.

Ms Woodhams is thought to have been living in Slaithwaite.

Officers from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team (MIT) now think the woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a charcoal barbecue.

In a statement, Norfolk Police said results of a post-mortem examination were inconclusive and that toxicology tests would be carried out over the next few weeks.

Det Insp Marie James, of the MIT, said: “This appears to be a tragic accident.

“Whilst the outcome of the investigation is not yet known and will be confirmed when we have the results of the toxicology, I would like to take this opportunity to warn other campers about the risks of having charcoal barbecues within an enclosed space.

“Our advice would be to only use and store them in open areas where they should not cause any difficulties.”

A Norfolk Police spokesman said members of Miss Woodhams’ family had been informed and were currently being supported by specially trained officers.

Clippesby Hall is between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and is used by holidaymakers as a base to explore the Norfolk Broads National Park and the Norfolk coast.

It includes camping and caravan pitches along with cottages, lodges or apartments.

Ms Woodhams’ death comes just a year after popular Holmfirth biker David Swallow, 29, died after inhaling deadly carbon monoxide fumes from a barbecue.

Mr Swallow, son of the son of former Holmfirth High School teacher and motorbike racer William Swallow, had lit the barbecue to keep his camper van warm at a motorcycle meeting in Scotland.

A month earlier in May 2010 Huddersfield student Andrew Price was killed by barbecue fumes in a van in California, USA.