THE funeral of a Slaithwaite woman who died on holiday can now take place.

Hazel Woodhams tragically died – it is suspected from carbon monoxide poisoning – while camping in Great Yarmouth.

Her inquest was opened by a Norfolk Coroner on Friday. It was adjourned for reports to be finalised.

But it means that the Slaithwaite woman’s family can now arrange a funeral for the West Yorkshire Police scenes of crime officer.

Yesterday the 30-year-old’s boyfriend, Roland Wessling, remains in a stable and comfortable condition at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth.

He was admitted during the afternoon of July 5, hours after Hazel was fatally overcome by suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Norfolk Police said results of a post-mortem examination were inconclusive and that toxicology results are still to be confirmed.

But it is thought Ms Woodhams and Mr Wessling had put a used charcoal barbecue in their tent while they slept at the Clippesby Holiday Park near Great Yarmouth.