Update from Inrix:
Queueing traffic due to earlier broken down vehicle on M62 Westbound between J29 M1 (Lofthouse) and J28 A650 / A653 (Tingley). All lanes have been re-opened.
Lanes one and two (of four) were closed.
Looks like traffic is easing
Doesn't feel too clever at the moment
There's been another breakdown
We’re back - there’s been another vehicle breakdown, closing lanes on the M62.
Here’s what we know:
- There’s queues on the M62 westbound between junctions J29 and J28
- The hard shoulder, lanes 1 and 2 are closed
- Obstruction caused by a broken down vehicle
- Traffic is expected to clear between 12:15 and 12:30
- There are two of four lanes closed
Looks like traffic is easing now
Highways England say the obstruction has been cleared
But traffic still bad, especially around J28
Still bad around J27
Latest from Inrix:
Two lanes closed, queueing traffic and long delays due to recovery work and broken down lorry on M62 Westbound between J27 M621 / A650 / A62 (Gildersome) and J26 M606 / A58 (Chain Bar), congestion on M62 to J29 M1 (Lofthouse).
Next stop: Dekuxe Beds, Lockwood
On the way to Lockwood to visit Deluxe Beds
Latest from Highways England
- The incident has happened on the M62 westbound between junctions J27 and J26
- Three of four lanes closed due to broken down lorry - the hard shoulder, lanes 1 and 2 are closed
- There are currently delays of 50 minutes against free flowing traffic
- Obstruction has been caused by a broken down Heavy Goods Vehicle with a gearbox issue
- Traffic is expected to clear between 11:00 and 11:15
It's starting to feel that way...
Broken down lorry is 'not movable'
Jams from Cleckheaton back to Lofthouse
Here's what we know so far
From our traffic partners Inrix:
Two lanes closed, queueing traffic and long delays due to broken down lorry on M62 Westbound between J27 M621 / A650 / A62 (Gildersome) and J26 M606 / A58 (Chain Bar), congestion to J29 M1 (Lofthouse).
Lanes one and two (of four) are closed. There have been difficulties with recovery so lane restrictions may remain in place until after the morning peak. Affecting traffic from Castleford towards Manchester.