A NEIGHBOUR led a man to safety during a fire at his Primrose Hill home last night.
The neighbour noticed smoke coming from the next door ground-floor flat in Greenwood Street at about 9.45pm.
He led his neighbour, a man in his late 30s, outside.
Firefighters from Huddersfield gave oxygen to the man at the scene.
He was the taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, suffering from breathing in smoke.
The fire is believed to have started when a piece of cloth draped over a table lamp caught fire.
The flat was badly smoke-damaged.