A LEEDS house fire, which claimed the lives of two young brothers, was probably started by a child playing with a lighter, an inquest heard today.
Kieran and Aaron Lowe died after a blaze tore through their great-grandmother's home in Tingley last December.
Four-year-old Kieran was rescued from the two-bedroom flat in Greenwood Road but later died from his injuries.
Aaron, six, was trapped and died in the property and his body had to be identified at a later stage from DNA samples.
Kieran's twin brother, Aiden, and eight-year-old sister, Jade, were rescued from the flat and are still recovering from their injuries.
The boys' mother, Ann-Marie Smith, and great-grandmother, Emma Gibbs, 77, also escaped the blaze.
The inquest was told the property did not have working smoke detectors and the family would have been overpowered in minutes.
In recording verdicts of accidental death on the two boys, West Yorkshire Coroner David Hinchliff said: "It would appear that one or more of the children had a fascination with fire. That is not uncommon."