There has been a multi vehicle accident at J28 of the M62 westbound, at Tingley.
Two lanes are blocked and traffic is queueing.
Lanes one and two (of five) are blocked. These are the dedicated lanes to exit the M62. An ambulance is on the scene.
Traffic is also queueing between J25 and J26 eastbound due to an earlier accident.
And traffic is slow eastbound on the M621 at J27 of the M62 due to an earlier accident.
Stay with us for updates on this breaking news story.
You can also download our app to get news on the go and push notifications for the latest breaking stories here .
If there's something you've noticed and want us to check out then please feel free to get in touch - you can call us on 01484 437712, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @Examiner. You can also find us on social media here .
Armley Gyratory water burst
Not to mention the water burst at Armley Gyratory...
- Queueing traffic and partially blocked due to burst water main on A58 Wellington Road / Armley Gyratory at B6154 Wellington Road (Armley Gyratory), congestion on A64 York Road to Torre Road (Torre Road Flyover). Police directing traffic. On the roundabout.
More Leeds problems
The roads have been chaos this morning.
There has been yet another incident - this time it’s another crash on the M621.
- One lane closed and queueing traffic due to accident on M621 Westbound between J5 Tunstall Road / A61 (Tunstal Road) and J4 (Hunslet Distributor). In the roadworks area.
All lanes reopened
All lanes have been reopened now at J28 however there are still long queues
Recovery now in process
The cars involved in the accident at J28 are being removed.
Two lanes are still closed and traffic is very slow. It’s still possible to get off the M62 at J28.
It’s good news elsewhere as all the other accidents have cleared:
- Accident cleared on M62 Eastbound between J25 A644 (Brighouse) and J26 M606 / A58 Whitehall Road / A638 Bradford Road (Chain Bar).
- All lanes re-opened, accident cleared on M62 Eastbound between J26 M606 / A58 Whitehall Road / A638 Bradford Road (Chain Bar) and J27 M621 / A650 / A62 (Gildersome).
- Earlier accident on M621 Eastbound at M62 J27 / A650 / A62 (Gildersome) cleared
Bump at Cooper Bridge
Ambulance is attending a bump at Cooper Bridge. We will bring you more as we get it.
Two lanes still closed
Latest from J28:
Lanes one and two (of five) are closed. These are the dedicated lanes to exit the M62 at J28. Ambulance is on scene and Highways have coned off the lanes, It is still possible to get into the lanes to exit at J28.
Current traffic picture
This is how the roads are looking this morning.
In case you’re not sure, red is bad.
It looks like the M62 problems towards Leeds are affecting traffic around Huddersfield. The A644 from Cooper Bridge looks particularly bad.
Latest on M62 issues
- M62 westbound between J29 (M1) and J28 (Tingley) accident: two of four lanes closed. Normal traffic conditions expected 9.45am-10am
- M62 eastbound between J25 (Brighouse) and J26 (M606) cleared
- M62 J29 eastbound exit (M1) congestion expected to clear by 9am
- M62 eastbound between J24 (Elland) and J25 (Brighouse) congestion expected to clear by 9am
The latest accident is going to take up to an hour to clear.