A FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl had a lucky escape after she accidentally set herself on fire.
The Brighouse child was playing at her home on Edward Street yesterday morning when she brushed against an open fire in her front-room.
The youngster’s dress was set on fire but her quick-thinking mum managed to quickly smother the flames and she was not seriously injured.
She was taken by ambulance to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary with suspected minor burns but was released the same day.
Last night, the child’s mother, who did not want to be named, said her daughter was OK and was upstairs asleep.
She added: “It was a freak accident. She was just twirling around and her dress got caught in the fire.
“But I got to her in time and smothered it out.”