A man was taken to hospital after escaping a fire in his flat.
The 23-year-old was forced to climb out of a window following a blaze in his bedsit at Thistle Street, behind the BMW car dealership on Leeds Road, Huddersfield.
It is thought the fire took hold in the corner of the room at about 11.10pm last night, blocking the man’s exit.
As the room filled with smoke he was forced to scramble out of the window of the ground floor flat.
Three other people in the building were able to leave their rooms without incident.
Firefighters from Huddersfield station arrived and treated the man for smoke inhalation.
He was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary as a precaution.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building to put the fire out.
It is thought the fire started in a chair.
An investigation is underway.