A MAN of 75 was led to safety by a neighbour after his tea burned dry and filled his maison- ette with smoke.
The man was watching TV at his home on Greenwood Street, Primrose Hill, at 6pm yesterday and did not realise a pan with half a chicken in it was switched on.
His neighbour, a man, smelled the smoke, rushed around and helped him out.
The elderly man was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.
He was not badly hurt.
Leading Firefighter Wayne Ogden, of Huddersfield fire station, said: "The pan had boiled dry and filled the flat with smoke."
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus carried the pan outside.