AN ELDERLY woman was slightly hurt after her microwave burst into flames and she tried to carry it outside.
An electrical fault caused the microwave to catch fire at her home at Elmwood Drive in Brighouse at 7.30am today .
She tried to carry it out through her patio doors, but dropped it on her carpet, which caused a scorch mark.
The woman was shocked and suffered slight smoke inhalation.
Crew manager Dick Addinall, of Brighouse fire station, said: "It was lucky the lady was up and about at the time.
"The microwave was not being used when it caught fire and if it had happened in the middle of the night it could have been very serious."